Since the Fair Trade Act of Taiwan went into effect in 1992, the Fair Trade Commission(the competent authority) has accumulated extensive case laws and interpretations in areas concerning sales price determination through monopoly, merger, consolidation, concerted action, various trade restrictions, false, misleading or competitive advertisements, multi-level marketing, enterprise' issuance of warning letters and goods' appearance infringements etc.
Our Fair Trade Practice Group, led by Ms. Margaret Huang (MARGARETHUANG@LCS.COM.TW), has extensive experiences in representing various types of the cases concerning the Taiwan Fair Trade Act. We have many records in acting as the lead counsel for international companies handling the complicated applications for fair trade approvals and relevant investigations. Our successful cases include consolidation application for Royal DSM and AGI Corp., consolidation application for Yahoo and Microsoft, and successful negotiations with the Taiwan FTC regarding leniency and other settlement measures.
- Application of consolidation approval during Mergers & Acquisitions
- Legal analysis and recommendation concerning monopoly, merger, concerted action and various unfair competitions
- Handle reporting (including application for a report waiver), application or disclosure procedures for concerted action, merger and multi-level marketing etc.
- Reporting, appeal, administrative and civil litigation relevant to unfair competition
- Answer and explanation concerning various case investigations under the Fair Trade Act
- Application for interpretation and communication with the Fair Trade
- Commission, Executive Yuan R.O.C. (Taiwan) concerning relevant unclear instructions of the Fair Trade Act
- Assist multi-level marketing enterprise in formulating various rules and regulations, drafting participating agreements, and handling disputes between participants
- Review relevant agreements to comply with the Fair Trade Act and related laws