LCS' Environmental Practice Team has profound knowledge of environmental regulations and a plethora of experience in handling environmental cases involving environmental evaluation, air, water, waste, toxic, noise and soil. We have successful track records in handling administrative litigation involving soil and underground water pollution mediations, criminal cases as well as class actions. Our Environmental Practice Team incorporates these experiences into practical legal services in environmental cases.
- Environmental law and policy analysis
- Administrative litigation
- Civil claims and class actions
- Acting on behalf of a municipal government in an administrative dispute case involving farmland and river water pollution by electroplating wastewater where pollution compensation is sought (it was the first large-scale/high-compensation case of its kind in Taiwan).
- Acting in an administrative dispute case involving mercury sludge pollution, the investigation of the identity of the polluter(s) and the allocation of responsibility to remedy the pollution.
- Acting in an administrative dispute case involving chlorine-containing organic solvent soil and groundwater pollution, the emergency response measures for the pollution, and the request for compensation for the pollution's investigation cost.
- Acting on behalf of an oil refinery in an administrative dispute case on penalties related to oil and gas pollution monitoring and pollution control plan.
- Acting on behalf of a copper smelter plant in an administrative dispute case where compensation is sought for the investigation and recovering costs of coal mine and underground water heavy metal pollution.
- Acting on behalf of an electronics company in a large-scale transnational case where damage compensation is sought for soil and groundwater organic solvent pollution.